Friday, March 13, 2009

So...here we go..

Alright, this is my first actual blog site. Yes, I have old posts on here..but thats because I wanted to add those so when I did new ones people would have a little insite on what was going on before. I wasnt really a very constant blogger but I think now that I dont work I just might be. Not that I think anyone is going to be reading these anyway. They are more for me and so I can look back, see how far Gage and I have come. Just reposting what I have I realized I pretty quickly went from devastation to acceptance. Its odd really. So..incase you havent noticed I am horrible with punctuation and I have no intention on getting any better..hehe. I use my little pauses.....<--- like that one, constantly. So you might want to get used to it or you'll go nuts with this blog. I know I posed old blogs but let me just give you a little more info. Oh, by the way...I type alot of the times like I am talking to someone so the "you" I mention is whoever...its just easier for me to type my thoughts like that, like a conversation. Again, I am far from an english major.

Anyway..here is a little back story on me, Gage and everything else for those of you that dont know it already.

Lets start with me:

Barbie-
I'm 27, I finally dont work anymore..I stay with Gage all day, which can be enough work sometimes. I love all things photography, cooking, baking and anything artsy really. I am a Guitar Hero enthusiast(and I might say I kick some booty), I am completely random(you'll learn that soon), I'm overly sensitive, a junk food junkie, love kids(especially little fat ones), I am extremley picky with foods(textures, smells), I VERY rarely eat beef(it makes me gag a little bit and even when its in, say a taco..I scrape all the meat out), I think that garlic makes everything taste better, love Amaretto mudslides and have been with the same person since 11th grade. Oh...and it seems like I am ALWAYS sick.

Justin-
He's my old man(hehe), 27(but older than me..haha) and Gage's De(thats how he says daddy). He is an EMT extraordinaire and loves all things medical. He also is a Red Sox fan(back off Yankee fans), one heck of an air guitarist, can make a mean steak(I suppose, I dont eat that poop) and has a freakishly large big toe(he'd hate that I put that on here..hehe)

Now..most importantly...

Gage-
Gage Michael O'Neil(hence the nickname Oatmeal) was born on August 10, 2006. He is my gentle giant. He is only 2 1/2 right now but is over 3ft tall. He has beautiful big green/brown eyes and a giggle that is to die for. He has my crooked little toe and Justin's big toe, the poor kid will never be a foot model. Gage loves bananas, funyons and chocolate milk. His new obsession is Little Einsteins, he brings a rocket with him everywhere we go. Gage loves to dance, listen to us sing songs from different cartoons, hug and kiss and of course stand on his head. He is truly a little monkey. He is just amazing to watch everyday.

Gage was diagnosed with PDD-NOS but it's odd really. He does show alot of the typical symptoms. He stims, spins, has some issues with social interaction, has certain sensory issues and his speech is not where it should be for his age...but in some ways he is so different that those typical symptoms. He is VERY loving, with almost anyone really. He loves to kiss and hug. He give eye contact with alot of people, but is timid(like alot of kids) around strangers. He is very gentle and caring. He like attention, rough housing and being tickled. He is quite the goof ball.

I could go on and on about him...but you'll learn more as I go. Besides I dont want to make this a 14 page blog all about how awesome Gage is..because I could!

Oh..on a random note..I think its funny that spell check wanted to change funyons to bunyons...hehe.

Gage and Daddy rocking out some Guitar Hero

Being goofy around the house
Mr. Sunburst
His soon to be album cover
Therapy with Tony and Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment