Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I suppose I'm over due..

Not overdue as far as the baby..I still have a very long way to go. I mean over due as far as a new blog. I sort of got in a blog rut and didn't feel like doing much of anything. I figured I might as well do it now, so when I put stuff up about Gage's birthday party(this Sunday) I wont have to have a long blog.

So..things are pretty much the same here. Gage is doing awesome with his therapy. He has just started saying so many new things and trying to say so much more. He is intimidating things all day and trying to say anything and everything. It's nuts to think of where he started and where he is now. We knew EI was helping, but didn't realize how much until he started just running with what he is learning. I'd love to say it was all me being home with him, lol but it totally wasn't. Krystal and Tony are a huge part of that, if they didn't drill in that language in him almost every day, who knows where he would be. It helps that now he is willing to do therapy too, it took a long time to get him to accept new people and new demands. He's stubborn, like his daddy.

Gage is going to be 3 years old. How crazy is that?? We're planning a Little Einstein's party for him on Sunday. It should be interesting, hopefully the weather holds out. I have a bunch of cleaning to do to get ready for people. I mean, most of the people that are coming to the party have already seen the house, but still...I need to tidy up a bit. I've been slacking...a lot. I'm getting pretty ambitious and making his cake to look like rocket from the show. I'm going to have to do a lot of cake carving and am making butter cream from scratch. Why you ask? Oh, because I just have 100 hours in a day and need the stress of making the perfect rocket cake. Yes, it does need to be perfect, because if it's not..I will do it over again. I'm just that anal with things like that. I'll post pictures once the party comes and goes.

Here is the new, improved list of Gage's new words/signs(new stuff is in bold):

So as of right now Gage with say:

No, Yeeeeah(yeah), Rake, Niiii(night), Baaawl(ball), hi, by-eeee(bye), Caynedee(candy), Paine(Plane), Hoo Hoo(woo hoo)..Bahbumbowlbee(bumblebee), Dahdahdee(daddy), Mamomby(mommy), Mama, Mahmeembee(Meme..(my mother)), Waaah(want), Dow(down), Baybabee(baby), lahshoe(love you), Tea(tree), Eeeff(leaf), Ky(sky), Peas(please), Nutty(Tony), Nana(Briana), Eeoh(leo..from Little Einsteins), Aayie(Annie from L.E. too), Nincy(Quincy..again, L. E.), Oohne(June..once again, L.E.), Eee(eat),and again..some random other things mixed in there that I am sure I am forgetting....

Gage can sign:
More, all done, down, eat, want, drink, candy, thank you, please, rocket, help, swing..again, some others on occasion..he is also now doing water, sit and blowing kisses, waving hi and bye..Flip(his own made up sign for it)

As you can see, his speech is taking off..it seems everyday he comes out with a new word.

Pregnancy #2 is going pretty good. I'm still tired, but not like I was. I'm stuffed like a flippin' teddy bear though. It's awful, I get sick almost every morning because I am so stuffed up. I went to the doctors the other day for an appt./sonogram and was told that I can take decongestants. Hopefully that will help with the nausea from being so stuffed up. I was also told that I am further along that originally thought. I knew for some reason I would get a new due date. I had 3 with Gage, so now I have had 3 with this one. It started out as February 14th, then the 9th and now the 6th. I went in there being 12 weeks 5 days pregnant and leaving as 13 weeks 3 days pregnant. So..maybe next time I will be 20 weeks 5 days pregnant. One can only hope, right? lol. I was told though, that I would deliver earlier than my due date because I'm going to have another c-section. So chances are that I will actually have this one in January, which is fine by me..that's less time being uncomfortable. I just want to know what it is...I'm getting irritated not knowing.

Well, I guess that's about all my news. So exciting right? I'll post pictures from this coming weekend at some point..I still have other photos I need to finish editing. I swear I will edit them soon(sorry Rachel..)!

1 comment:

  1. It is certainly because I am a Speech Language Pathologist, but I love it when bloggers, who blog about their child with ASD, posts a list of what the child can say and at what age. Tahirih Bushey

    ReplyDelete