Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm such a bad updater..

Ok, So I know it has been FOREVER since I last posted. In my defense though, I just had a baby! Alright, alright..I know, it's been over a year since Eli was born. I suppose I should fill you in on my little buggers.

All things Gage:

Gage is awesome! He is almost done preschool and will be heading to kindergarten in the fall. He won't be mainstreamed, not quite ready for that one. I'm happy with the room choice we make though, he will have his best buddy with him. Gage is really starting to talk more spontaneously now. He still needs a lot of prompting depending on the subject. Oddly enough though, I can teach him things that are of no use to him and he will retain it. Example: a few days ago I taught him to give two thumbs up and answer "this guy!" when asked "Who has two thumbs and loves ___." I can pretty much say anything and he will give the response. So far, it's pretty darn adorable. His fifth birthday is around the corner, which is just scary to me.

I have been in the process of trying to get Gage an IPad for sometime now. I applied for the few grants I could find, but have heard nothing so far. It would cost around $1000 once you add in the programs he would need, accident coverage, a case and other things. I am going to keep trying though. I think it would help him in so many ways. Yes, he has some speech but it's very delayed and more echoing than anything. With an IPad he could really open up and tell us what he wants and needs. If you see on the left, I added a little widget thing to help with fundraising. I'm not expecting to really get any donations, but a girl can hope! I hate begging, but it's all about what Gage needs.

All things Eli:

Well, what can I say about Eli besides the fact that he might be pure evil. No, seriously, the kid has a demon in him. He is one step from spitting pea soup at me. He is one pretty good little nugget though. His personality is so different than Gage's. I think I'm just not used to a typically developing kid so I just didn't know what to expect. I think Eli deserves a whole post to himself...so that's what I'm going to do.

This is short, but Eli calls...no one makes him wait for his dinner...nobody! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment